GCM RECORDS LLP Privacy Statement
In line with the EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 we would like to explain under what circumstances and how we collect and use personal information about you and how we ensure that it is kept securely. Our privacy statement applies to information collected in the course of you using and contacting us via our website or other contact methods and in the course of providing goods and services to you. This may include sales, marketing and fulfilling any contract with you.
Who are we?
GCM RECORDS LLP provides psychological assessments, screening, intervention, training consultancy and research. We are based in Berwick upon Tweed and our registered office is at Berwick Workspace, 90 Marygate, Berwick upon Tweed, TD15 1BN. GCM RECORDS LLP is the data collector and processor and enquiries about personal data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under what circumstances do we collect personal data about you?
- When you contact and interact with us through our various contact methods – via our website, correspondence by letter or email, by telephone, social media or in person.
- When we conduct market or other research.
- When you purchase and use our products and services.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
The main purpose that we collect and use personal data is to enable us to provide our goods and services. Other purposes are for sales, marketing, customer services and research.
Reasons why we may use your data include:
- To fulfil contractual obligations (e.g., order confirmation, invoicing, payment requests). This may be directly with us or via a third party, such as Paypal.
- To provide you with information, goods and services requested by you
- To provide you with information about goods and services you have purchased from us
- To provide you with information about sales, marketing and product updates when you have agreed to this.
- Reply to enquiries via contact forms or our email address provided on our website
- Respond to and follow up on incoming requests via one of our contact methods
- Provide customer support
- Contact you to invite you to participate in research or surveys relating to your views about our products and services.
- Notify you of disruptions to our service or office closures.
What is our legal basis for collecting personal data?
Collecting personal data based on consents
We will collect data based on the following: Contracts, Consent and Legitimate interests.
Contracts: Under these circumstances we use personal data to fulfil our obligations in relation to contracts, agreements with and enquiries from our customers, partners and suppliers.
Consent: We will ask you to confirm your consent to collect your personal data, for purposes other than those under ‘Contracts’ outlined above. This will be done via our website/email and the consent will be stored.
Legitimate interests: In circumstances where there is a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by the privacy interests of the data subject) we may use personal data for sales and marketing purposes. Under such circumstances we will inform individuals about the reasons for collecting their data and their privacy rights.
What type of personal data will we collect?
We do not routinely collect sensitive personal information and will only do so when consent has been given, for example if providing psychological assessments or conducting psychological research. All such information will be stored securely.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep personal data stored for as long as is required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. This may include the need to answer future queries, resolve potential difficulties/complaints or legal actions, comply with any applicable legal or research requirements. Any data used for research/statistical purposes will be anonymised and you will not be personally identifiable. As a result, we may continue to store your data for a reasonable length of time after the last time you interacted with us. Once it is no longer required we will securely delete/destroy it.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that GCM RECORDS LLP holds about you.
- The right to request that GCM RECORDS LLP corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for GCM RECORDS LLP to retain it.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent please email us at email@example.com (please note: you may still receive communications relating to goods and services you have purchased if these are necessary)
- The right to request that GCM RECORDS LLP provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Do we share your data with anyone else?
We do not share, your personal data with any third parties without your consent, except under the circumstances below:
- If required by third parties working on our behalf, in order to provide you with goods, services or information you have requested.
- If required by law to do so.
- If contracting a third party to process personal data on our behalf. Under these circumstances we are responsible for ensuring they agree to this Privacy Statement.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
GCM RECORDS LLP reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version can be accessed via our website, where you can check it when required. We will highlight any significant changes to the Privacy Statement.
What to do if you are unhappy with the way your personal data has been processed
You can contact us at enquiries@gcmrecords and we will do our best to resolve your complaint. If you are still unhappy you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at: https://ico.org.uk/